Monday, December 17, 2012

Sometimes Serious Thoughts

In the past few months, I have turned to this blog for creative and comedic relief. No matter what I go through in life I am always laughing. I laugh when I am happy, sad, and especially when I am uncomfortable. Writing has become very therapeutic for me, and with all of the events of the past few weeks I thought I would take a second to write something a little more serious.

Growing up in a nice suburban town in Connecticut I was shielded from a lot of the cold realities of the world. Now, as much as I hate to admit it, I am well into my adulthood. I find myself learning and growing stronger everyday as the challenges of life have slowly started to seep through that protective shield. Whether it be death, sickness, heartbreak, or a variety of disappointments, it is evident everyone you encounter is experiencing their own personal struggle. Through these struggles I have seen the best and worst in humanity. There are those who inflict the pain and those who are there to pick up the pieces or simply offer a helping hand. In an attempt to promote the latter, I hope that I can use this platform to reinforce the need for people to be kind, be considerate, and be available to your friends, family, as well as strangers who may need that extra lift. This might be as simple as giving a smile to a passing stranger, rather then looking down at your phone, or offering a shoulder to cry on.  

As a greater community we must stick together. Stop bullying, belittling and segregating ourselves from each other. Don't wait for a tragedy to comfort and love each other. Don’t wait until it's too late to show people you care. Don't allow people to think they are alone because you don’t make the effort to reach out or connect with them.

I often joke and make fun of things, types of people, or situations on this blog but I truly care about people and their well being. I think that our differences make the world go round and everything I say is done "tongue and cheek", with no intentions of harm. I do not believe that anyone can make it through life completely on their own and the support from others is what will keep us moving forward. In the darkest times, I have seen how people can pull together and provide that light at the end of the tunnel. The holiday season is a perfect place to start. Something so simple to you, can mean the world to someone else, so make the effort.


I hope everyone has a happy and safe holidays, and I will resume talking about poop, boobies, and other irrelevant word vomit shortly. Love you all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment